The traditional recruitment process can be lengthy and overwhelming, especially when sorting out candidates’ resumes. For this reason, recruiters are exploring various options to upgrade their hiring process and increase their chances of hiring the best talent. Fortunately, technology presents an automated resume screening software for recruiters in 2022, which has proven helpful to various HR teams.
So, What are the top resume screening software for recruiters, and how does resume screening software work? We have created this piece to give you an insight into how to improve your hiring process. Plus, we recommend the best resume screening software in 2022 that have been tested and approved by professional researchers.
What is Resume Screening Tools?
A resume screening tool is an applicant tracking system(ATS) or software that streamlines candidate sourcing procedures. This tool features various elements and is incorporated with cutting-edge technology to identify quality talent. Here are the three types of resume screening tools used in recruitment systems.
- AI-based resume screeners: This resume screening tool online uses human knowledge to filter and select the best candidates based on your job requirements. In addition, it analyzes your previous quality of hires and uses the findings to filter the best candidates.
- Parsers: This tool uses keywords to match the search terms with the resume information in a stored database where candidates are shortlisted. Moreover, it’s an online-based resume screening tool that is accessed anytime.
- Resume enrichers that source public data: If you are a lover of natural language, this is for you. It adds candidates’ information through digital platforms like social media and online portfolios.
How Does Resume Screening Software Work?
Simply put, a resume screening software works by finding and collecting job applicants’ resumes based on the talent management requirements. Then, the software sorts out the available resumes according to the required qualification, whether it’s education, experience, skills, achievement, etc. The main goal of all these tools is to select the best talent without cases of biases and discrimination. Moreover, your hiring process is streamlined and you get to complete it fast.
Top Resume Screening Software in 2022
While there are a gazillion tools for streamlining a hiring process, below is a list of the best resume screening tools for candidate screening that you can use to improve your recruitment experience.
CVViZ is a recent automated resume screening software using AI technology for faster recruiting. Being a cloud-based software, it stores resumes that are accessible anytime. CVViZ uses an intelligent relative ranking to match a candidate’s qualifications with the talent management requirements. Therefore, applicants’ rankings differ based on the management requirements. Some of the features that make CVViZ one of the best resume screening software are:
- Integrates different resume screening tools
- Rank candidates as per the talent management requirements.
- Use an automatic tracking system.
- Filter out duplicated resumes
- Engage both former and current employees in recruitment
- Offer smart Screening
Freshteam offers recruiters an applicant tracking system that automatically collects data from the resumes. Its friendly interface has a 360-degree module used to filter candidates’ information. Moreover, Freshteam is a current screening software that provides an employee portal and direct communication with the HR management. On top of that, this automated resume screening software conducts pre-screening assessments, follow-ups, and feedback, improving the hiring experience. The key features of Freshteam are;
- Use pre-assessment test ideas.
- Save potential candidates for future hiring.
- Use the parse tool to filter the top candidates
- Provides customizable hiring procedures
- Promotes good communication
- Employee engagement in recruitment
Recruiterbox, also known as Trakstar Hire, searches and assesses candidates using cloud-based technology. It creates different candidates’ profiles and shares them in a presentable manner. Moreover, its function in the recruitment procedure is transparent to all the participants. Recruiters can manage the process from a centralized online platform, making it one of the best resume screening software in the market. Some of the key features of Recruiterbox are;
- Automates workflow.
- Conducts candidate profiling to filter top candidates.
- Promotes teamwork that engages all staff members and candidates.
- Conduct questionnaire screening and have good resume management.
Lever uses an ATS and a candidate management system on one platform. It provides candidate nurturing and many software integrations in the recruitment process. This makes it efficient in sourcing candidates for senior or executive positions. Moreover, this software is user-friendly and digs into your workforce diversity to present the exact talent you need. Here are Lever’s key features.
- User-friendly interface that can accommodate non-tech individuals
- A great ATS system
- Has a report and feedback system
- Promotes automatic engagement with candidates
- DEI analytics
Ideal is an automated resume screening software using AI in analyzing and shortlisting candidates based on their qualifications. This software alienates the chances of hiring discrimination by filtering resumes based on the required keywords. Additionally, the software can identify talents with more chances of being hired, reducing the time spent in recruitment. Key features are:
- It automatically shows the candidate’s progress.
- Promotes online engagement with the talent pool
- Promotes equality in recruitment
- It conducts an assessment of good previous candidates.
- Build and retain a diverse workforce.
Employa is a smart recruitment assistant that covers time-consuming routine tasks like screening, ranking, data enrichment and communication with candidates. Its AI-driven approach helps to eliminate all unsuitable resumes, so you end up with a ranked list of best-matched candidates tailored to your requirements and can see their enhanced profiles. In addition to its highly accurate algorithm, Employa has a simple interface, so you can easily set up search criteria or check why some candidates have been rejected. Employa works as a standalone tool or as an ATS extension, so you don’t need to switch to different software. Employa is a choice of 50+ companies that have successfully improved their hiring process with its solutions. Employa offers a free trial to show how it works with your vacancies.
Why you should try Employa:
- Find exactly what you need – Employa has unlimited options for search criteria
- High result accuracy – smart parsing shows the reason for each rank
- Improved candidate experience – the Applicant Portal and candidate engagement work for your employer brand
- Eliminate false positive candidates – check resumes for job-hopping, employment gaps or fraud
- Seamless integration with your existing ATS – don’t spend time and money on changing software
You know that your CV is the most critical weapon in your toolbox if you are looking for work. Yet, creating the ideal resume might be difficult, particularly if you don’t have much experience. Fortunately, there are resources available to provide you with a competitive advantage. The free resume scanner from CVJury is one of these resources. This application can scan your resume quickly and effortlessly while providing suggestions on how to improve it. Therefore, using a free resume scanner is a great approach to ensure your resume is as strong as it can be if you’re hoping to land an interview. Who knows, though? It could mean the difference between getting hired and being passed over for the position.
- It costs less—actually, it’s free—than sending your CV through an applicant tracking system.
- It aligns the job description & keywords with those in your resume.
- It identifies and helps you add the lacking technical and soft capabilities (skill gaps).
- The LIVE editor dashboard makes it even easier to optimise your resume by adding the suggested keywords and other features to improve the overall score.
Resume Worded software makes recruitment easy by giving instant feedback and fine-tuning candidates’ information. It is fast and efficient in analyzing resumes, making it one of many recruiters’ best resume screening software examples. Additionally, it is powered by AI to improve the hiring experience. Key features are:
- It promotes online platform optimization.
- Efficiency in giving feedback
- Optimizes the job search funnel
- The software provides a robust candidate pool through social media platforms like Linkedln.
This resume screening software for recruiters helps you locate the best candidate by initiating the use of AI, CRM, and applicant tracking systems (ATS). It is the only modern screening tool that empowers businesses to conduct recruitment under budget. Additionally, it provides digital custom landing pages that speed up onboarding.
Communication has been proven efficient good with this software making candidates follow up on their progress and receive feedback. Hiring teams can also easily reach an agreement and complete hiring processes fast. Moreover, SmartRecruiters conducts thorough background checks on different job platforms. Key features are:
- Offer applicant tracking system and CRM
- It has good reporting features
- Integrates the use of mobile apps
- Excellent communication
This software is one of our best resume screening examples that use artificial intelligence to hire talent. It is cloud-based and makes the recruitment process easy and efficient. Moreover, it is integrated with ATS to make the hiring process faster. Plus, candidates screened on this tool can attest that it offers one of the excellent candidate experiences. The software is also one of the best when it comes to candidate onboarding and placement management in your workforce. Key features are:
- Give reports and analytics.
- Recruitment CRM
- Applicant tracking system
- Offer vast career pages
11. Zoho Recruit
Zoho recruit software offers modules used to access different job boards to increase the probability of getting the best talent. It applies questionnaires and other tests to identify the best candidates. What’s more, Zoho Recruit has a cutting-edge user interface that assists recruiters and hiring professionals to access different online dashboards. Key features:
- It allows data import from other ATS sources
- Offers a customized dashboard
- Automates recruitment
Paycor recruiting was formerly known as Newton software. It has parsing tools that help reduce manual errors. This recruiting dashboard makes the hiring process easy and streamlined by organizing candidates’ information. As a result, you will experience fast and efficient hiring of the best talent. The software is one of the top automated resume screening tools in the market today. Key features are:
- Allows advanced searching mechanism
- Promotes quick candidates’ communication
- It has real-time analytics that tracks candidates’ information.
- Provide room for future hiring
There’s high competition when it comes to recruiting top candidates. Every organization is adopting different strategies to ensure they stay on top of the competition. Our recommended resume screening software above will help you identify the best talent to fill any open position. However, keep in mind that they feature varying elements. For instance, some of the resume screening tools above are suitable for large enterprises while others work best in small companies. Therefore, consider using a resume screening software that suits your company’s needs to efficiently upgrade your recruitment strategy and maximize profitability as a result.