Post Updated: Sep 28, 2021
It’s an excellent time to be a human resources professional. Many technical tools and software are just out there waiting for you, but that does not mean all these tools are worth your time. Arguably one of the most technical aspects of being a human resources professional is managing payroll and online payroll software.
When looking at best payroll software in 2021, there are some exciting new players and some industry veterans who have become more adaptable and innovative in their services and offerings. We’ve sifted through what’s out there in order to bring you the top 11 payroll software for 2021.
What is Payroll Software?
Payroll software is a tool that HR professionals use to manage, prepare, and automate workers’ payments. Small, medium, and large businesses can all benefit from the software since most of them have variable pricing. They also have customizable features to suit any type of business and their needs.
A good payroll software must integrate perfectly with your organizational needs. For example, you should be able to effectively monitor employees’ time and attendance, pay structure, and tax information. Simply put, the tool should simplify your payroll management so that you can focus on other essential organizational matters.
Payroll Software 2021
Below is the Recruiters LineUp list of payroll software for 2021. Our expert analysts tested and ranked them based on efficiency, reliability, and business integration. Feel free to compare them and their key payroll software features before choosing what’s suitable for your organization.
Data integrity with Xero
Xero offers more than just a cool name, they pride themselves on high integrity accounting which they offer through data integrity and data security. Xero commits to making sure data is secure, accurate, and available. Xero provides for direct feeds from banks, software applications and financial institutions means that data is untouched by human hand as it enters Xero– a great solution for HR managers looking for payroll software that emphasizes security and reliability.
UZIO a cloud-based SaaS platform provides you with an all-in-one HR, payroll benefits management, and Time & Attendance solution. It is built for businesses of all sizes. The platform empowers businesses to minimize the hassle of managing HR, payroll, and benefits in silos. This self-service people operations platform helps businesses go paperless and navigate the complexities of employee management with a few clicks.
Reliability with OnPay
Why do we love this payroll software solution? OnPay has been in the game for over 30 years, proving their a reliable and trustworthy source. OnPay even guarantees all tax filings and payments will be made accurately and on time. And to boost they offer a great mobile-friendly platform, making payroll easily manageable and accessible from all avenues.
Guidance with Sage Payroll Essentials
This payroll solution software offers a little something we could all use: support. Sage Payroll Essentials offers customer service via an online chat that’s staffed by American Payroll Association (FPS) certified payroll experts, so you can feel confident and comfortable with their advice and assistance. Sage Payroll Essentials also offers guidance and training, even boasting a “Sage University” so HR managers can feel self-assured with handling the software
On the go management with QuickBooks
QuickBooks, a well-known payroll software solution now allows to create and send custom online invoices from any device. The QuickBooks Online Mobile app automatically stores your data in the cloud and syncs across your devices, making it easy to manage your business on-the-go. QuickBooks is great for HR professionals looking to manage payroll with ease, or to collaborate with ease– you can now create access privileges so that your colleague or accountant canlog inn and work with both you and your data online.
Easy integration Time Clock Wizard
If you’re looking to incorporate an online time clock into your payroll solution, Time Clock Wizard is a great option. This platform offers a simple design that allows HR managers to generate individual work schedules for employees. Extra features like color coding and customizable individual employee profiles, SMS scheduling, and more help to save valuable resources. Time Clock Wizard integrates easily with other accounting programs and can seamlessly become a lasting part of your existing workflow processes.
Full service with Paycor
Paycor offers an all-in-one software solution for HR professionals. We’re not just talking about payroll management software, rather a full system complete with recruiting, hiring, onboarding as well as analytics and HR benefits administration software. If you’re looking for a one stop shop, this might be it.
Holistic HR support with Viventium
What’s most exciting about Viventium is that they seem to fully understand the true inner workings of an human resource professional’s mind. They took a holistic approach to payroll software by expanding their coverage to help improve company culture through technology.
Midsize solutions at Namely
Namely offers great payroll software solutions for midsized companies. What makes them unique? Their technology is actually built for humans to manage and use with ease– a welcome breath of fresh air within all the atomization surrounding the field of HR.
Communication made simple with Planday
Planday is an adaptable payroll software solution that is suitable for companies with 30 employees to companies with 300 employees. Easily access in depth reports about your business metrics while simultaneously building your schedule. Bonus: the platform offers amazing communication and interaction between employees and managers, making scheduling easily manageable
Stay on course with Wave
Wave is a great payroll software solution for small businesses and promises a no-frills approach. Wave has an easy setup, direct deposit option, and an option for employees to log in and access pay stubs and tax forms.
Benefits of Payroll Software
In a nutshell, employees are the backbone of every business. They are what keeps your business running, and without them achieving your business goals would be out of the question. For this reason, you need to make sure that your employees are happy and receive their compensation on time. Using payroll software is the best option since it has the following benefits:
- Automating Payroll: When processing your payroll manually, you are actually leaving room for mistakes, which could end up costing your business a lot of funds in the long run. With payroll software, even the most difficult tasks are automated, making you handle the process quickly and efficiently while staying organized.
- Tracks Payroll Expenses: Payroll expenses keep recurring in any organization, and the more your business grows, the bigger the payroll. Managing payroll without payroll software makes it challenging for you to track all payroll expenses for accounting purposes. That is why investing in payroll software will save you from the stress and generate all employee compensation reports to allow you track every single dollar spent.
- Simplifies the Taxing process: The manual payroll management procedure puts you at risk of mistakes, and when this happens, you end up filing the wrong taxes. This leads to penalties for non-remittance of taxes. The accuracy that comes with payroll software helps you stay abreast with the changing tax laws. Managing your tax deductions will also be simplified and accurate, keeping your organization confident at all times.
- Integrates With Other Business Software: When managing payroll without software, you have to work with multiple teams to get inputs for the payroll processing. This process can be overwhelming and time-consuming and gets even worse as the business continues to grow. By using payroll software, it’s easy to team up with other departments such as HR and accounting in a single platform.
- Secures Payroll Data: The traditional methods of storing payroll data put them at risk for anyone to access them. This will not be good for your organization, especially if the information reaches your competitors. Payroll software is highly encrypted and has access controls, which allows you to eliminate unauthorized access. In addition, you will be able to securely collaborate with your staff, allowing them to view payroll information based on their organizational roles.
How To Choose Best Payroll Software for 2021
Our top 11 payroll software recommendations tackle payroll software solutions from a variety of angles. Whether you’re a small business or looking for more holistic tech integration, there’s definitely the right payroll software out there for you and your business.
Recruiters LineUp matches human resource professionals tasked with hiring for the companies with the right recruiters, headhunters, and staffing agencies. To be matched at no cost, please visit our free search engine.